Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:23 AM   #1

I'm a busy mom of 3... and really want a great P&S pocket cam that's QUICK and delivers CRISP QUALITY shots RIGHT OUT of the camera BOTH indoors and outdoors. I don't have time for post processing .

I read on another board that the F10 's color saturations are not as vivid as say the Canon SD550... AND you also can't get as crisp and detailed shots as the Canons (w/o post processing).

BUT I know the F10 beats the SD550 for indoor/low light shots hands down.

My pictures taking is about a 50% split between indoor and outdoor shots so both scenarios are important to me.

I thought about waiting for the F30 but not sure if the color/crispness issues are improved... plus for my uses, I don't think I NEED ISO 3200.

Any suggestions?
TN Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:22 PM   #2

If you're in the U.S. and decide on an F10, Wal-Mart is selling them for $225. You might have to call around to find a store that still has them in stock.

My F10 is my first digital camera, so I don't have any frame of reference to offer advice comparing with other brands or models. My budget was $200ish for a camera alone. The F10 was in my "wreck the budget a little" category of my short list until I learned of the price at Wal-Mart. I couldn't resist. Cheapest price online is $270ish.
paraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 9:39 PM   #3

The SD550 has sharper pictures and more vivid colors because it's processor is oversharpening and oversaturating. This is good for those who want pure P&S, but you lose realistic color tones, and editing oversharpened pictures is much more difficult. I own ther F10, and the slightly softer images are much closer to what you'll get on a dSLR. In fact, when printed, they look MUCH better than those from oversharpening cameras, as the oversharpening often gives a fake/flat look about the photo. I've done extensive comparison with the small Canon line vs the Fuji F10, and I would not consider it at all due to it's MUCH higher price, and similar if not worse quality on average. Detail, ISO capibilities, realism, battery life, all of these are better on the Fuji.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote