Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:18 AM   #1

I have bought a brand new digital camera FUJI S5200 (S5600) and there's occur unpleasant problem with connection to my computer.
I have read very carefully user manual, follow all directions in user manual, and after software installation from original CD that came in full package along with digital camera, I'm not able to copy pictures from camera to computer.
Digital Camera is set in USB DSC mode, after connecting camera to USB port and turning camera on (first time after software installation), I receive following notification
"New Hardware found"
USB Mass Storage Devices

At the end:
Disk drive

Unfortunately there's no drive in "My Computers" under section "Removable Storage", that indicate digital camera. Also, software FinePixViewer doesn't start automatically after connecting camera on USB port. Besides, when I manually start FinePixViewer, software is unable to find camera, all I get on screen is "0 files".
In "Device Manager" appear 2 new items after turning on camera, but they instantly disappear after turning off S5200 (S5600):
- In section DISK DRIVES
USB Mass Storage Devices

I tryed to connect camera on any one of USB ports (There are 4 of them on my MB), and always happens the same.
Motherboard is ASUS P5GD1, CPU Intel Pentium 3GHz, 1GB Kingston Ram memory, OS Windows XP Pro WITH Service Pack 2. My friend owns 2 digital cameras, CANON A520 and Olympus C765UZ, and when He connect them on USB ports, without any necessary software installation, He get "Drive Letter", so pictures can be esily copyed from Explorer or ACDSee to hard drive.
That's telling me that problem is not to my computer.

One remark: When I adjust camera in PictBridge USB mode, I receive notice COMMUNICATION ERROR, but USB FUJI drivers for XP are already installed.

Best Regards.
dusan_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links