Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 16, 2003, 12:47 PM   #1
Default batteries and chargers for Finepix 4900Z?

I know there is another forum for batteries, but this question is specific to Fuji.

I need to power a Finepix 4900Z for 10 days without a mains power supply.

Ideally I would like to use disposable batteries, does anyone know of an adapter that could be used so that some sort of disposable battery could be used in this type of camera?
alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2003, 10:27 PM   #2

I'm unaware of any disposable battery that is shaped to fit the battery compartment of the 4900Z (which I use). Since the camera really eats up on the li-ion batterey, I always carry a spare.

I found out that on my recent trip to Europe, I had to charge at least one battery every evening after my shoots. Does anyone else share this same experience with the 4900z?
dennis luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2003, 3:00 AM   #3

I carry two spare batteries with me. I dont normally use the second spare, but have done occasionally. I almost always need to use the first spare.

Its a shame that the 4900Z doesnt use regular AAA or AA size bateries, or disposables, which would ideal if away from power sources for long times.

I dont like the idea of getting a lot of rechargables which may only get used once a year.
alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2003, 6:13 AM   #4

Does a Finepix 4900Z has an AC adapter jack? Look into a Digipower power pack...
or :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote