Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 16, 2006, 8:26 AM   #11

The Winemaker wrote:
Hi kefln !! What part of Ireland? My Grandfather's name was James Dawson Malone. My Father was really Irish, but he was adoped and no longer had the Malone for the last name.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks with the name Malone. Would be wonderful to visit Ireland sometime. I have talked with a guy I met a few years back on ICQ. He lives in Belfast North Ireland. We have chatted on the phone from time to time.

Hi Vern,

I'm in Galway, on the west coast, which is in the Republic of Ireland, Belfast is still part of the UK. Small Island, complicated history!

Ireland is a great little country, can't go anywhere in the world without meeting someone from home. Not bad for a country with only 4,000,000 people! If you do come over bring a raincoat, its wet. There is something for everyone, from history buffs, to city lovers. You could tour the place in a week, its only 70,280 sq km, smaller than West Virginia.

There are more than a few Malone's around. A bit of history for you, the name Malone in Ireland is derived from the native Gaelic O'Maoileoin. The name means 'a devotee of Saint John'. Descendants bearing this name can be found mostly in Counties Clare and Offaly.

Take care...
kefln is offline   Reply With Quote