Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 30, 2006, 5:21 PM   #11

Hi Tony,

You tell them they have to repair free of charge cos I said so :-) Seriously, they don't have any choice. A precedence has been set and they can't say yes to one and no to another.

The only reason they can refuse the repair is if they think the camera has been mistreated or you don't have a receipt of purchase from new.

By the way, your description of events leading to your camera's breakdown was identical to mine in every way.

Now that I've had mine back for a while I can honestly say it's better than prior to any problems showing up. It's almost a different camera. At least it works as if it's a better model. The pctures are more vibrant and sharper.

I wish you luck Tony and hope you receive the same excellent treatment I was given. Let us all know how things are going.

Kind regards Stu
mythman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:28 AM   #12

No luck with Fuji UK call centre, who say this is not a known problem with the S602, only certain F series cameras.

Their fixed price repair for the S602 model is £120.

Will try once more through Fuji's local repair agent here in Plymouth, I won't be holding my breath though.

Cheers, Tony.

BonyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 6:13 AM   #13

Well that's not nice. Did you explain to them that there was a memo released from their Japanese HQ stating this problem (if it's a CCD one) is to be fixed even if the camera is out of warranty.

Personally I'd be jumping up and down. How can one country do the repair and yours refuses. If it looks like you're going to lase the fight then just tell them you're going to report it to whatever your equivilent of Consumer Affairs is over there.

I'll have a hunt to see if I still have the letters I received from Fuji Australia Tomorrow.

Regards Stu
mythman is offline   Reply With Quote