Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 28, 2006, 9:06 PM   #1

Why is this photo so weird? I shot it as a RAW using a Fuji S9000, then converted it with S7RAW into a TIFF, then worked it (sort of) with PSP9 and saved that as a JPEG. It is very motly, almost like a bad Van Gogh painting.

I tried the same thing with Image Converter and that came out fine. So I should probably use IC instead of S7RAW but everyone else seems to be so satisfied with S7RAW, and it does batch conversions too.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Another fact to consider: the first time I downloaded S7RAW it did not recognize any of my RAW (RAF) images. So I uninstalled it, and installed it again. This time is sees my images, but does not handle them too well. So just maybe there is a glitch in the way my computer is extracting the program. And of course there is operator error...
Attached Images
ifxmnfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2006, 9:42 AM   #2

It's very difficult to evaluate an image that it is a 100 percent crop and is only about 5 percent (as far as file size is concerned) of the original image. It would make more sense to look at the entire image and see if you can determine what the camera really focused on. Working with raw images requires some practice to develop the skill to do it effectively. There just isn't enough information about your image to really give you any constructive suggestions.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote