Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 2, 2006, 2:06 AM   #1

Hey to all,

I saw a few pictures taken with S9500 posted in http://www.dpreview.com,most picturesstatedwith the 35mm equivalent focal length, eg, 30mm, 225mm and so on. From the zoom len itself, it doesn't show the said focal lengths.

My question here is that how the photographers knew exactly the focal length. Did they get these informationfrom the "EXIFData"?

*Digiabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:23 PM   #2

In the case of the S9000/9500, the actual focal length of the lens is reported in the EXIF.

I don't see the "35mm equivalent" focal length reported using a couple of different EXIF viewers (it's probably encoded in the maker notes somewhere).

But, to compute the 35mm equivalent focal length (which is what most users are concerned with for comparison purposes), you just need to multiply the focal length reported in the EXIF by 4.5.

The actual focal range of the lens is 6.2 to 66.7mm (which gives you a 35mm equivalent focal range of 28-300mm, due to the sensor size in this model).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote