Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:50 PM   #1

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Daniel%20Bolton/Desktop/mail%20items/2006_0421Image0045.JPG[/img] I have a Fuji S-7000, and I want to try filtering the lens to get different effects. Does Fuji sell filters for this camera, or are there filters available to enhance my photographic horizons with this camera, specifically polarizing b/w photos? I'm sure this can be done witha photoshop type program, but I don't have one. Any suggestions? I feel this shot might have been enhanced by filtering, and darkeningthe sky, possibly cutting back on the overcast haze.

MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:51 PM   #2

Yes, there are filters available to do the things you want to do. There are polarizer filters, UV filters, skylight filters, and gradual filters. Gradual come in several different colors; they are colored on half the filter and gradually become clear. These filters can all be used on digital cameras, but probably are not as popular as they were with film cameras because many of the effects of these filters can be replicated with image editing software. You do not need to purchase any special brand of filters. All you need to do is check the specifications for your camera to find out what the diameter of your lens is. I don't have the 7000. My 9000 has a diameter of 58 mm, and that is the size filters that I would purchase. For my camera I have a UV filter which is used primarily to protect the lens, and a polarizing filter which I use occasionally. You could take your camera to any camera store and the salesman would be able to help you choose the right size filters for your camera.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote