Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:36 AM   #1

I first tried the s9000 in the middle of May and had my own by the beginning of June. I've been working, trying to get to know the camera, and know I still have a long way to go. Here are a couple of albums of pics, if anyone is interested, that I've taken the past couple of weekends. These files were resized quite a bit to post and I'm not sure they're good enough to get feedback but if you want to comment and give me some advice, I'll take it to heart.

And the following are on a site that needs registration for but I promise no spam if you're interested in checking them out:

(The first album in this list had poor lighting conditions and I forgot to bring my tripod and hate using a flash so I know they're not great.)

Looking forward to many fun hours with my camera and sharing how I view the world.
ShavaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:54 PM   #2

ShavaSue, I quite fancied this camera and took my XD card to my store to try some shots to bring them home and view the.

I used 'P' mode but have no idea what other settings deep within the menu were set at. The day was overcast. When i viewed the images at home on the monitor, they were poor - I cannot believe that the cam (and the good reputation of Fuji) were at fault - soit was probablya combination of me and wrong settings.

Did you experience this sort of thing and did you have to 'learn' how to geta good image - i note other comments on other forums suggest this.

I was put off by the pictures i took, but I would really like to give this cam a go.
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:10 AM   #3

Yes, it definitely is a camera that I'm still learning on and have had it since the beginning of June. I expect to be learning for a long time. I have a friend who has a lot of photographic experience, mostly with SLRs. She's been a tremendous help to me in learning what I'm doing.

It's not a point-n-shoot camera. Take time to read the manual when you can and as much as you can about basic photographic principles or find a class at your local tech school. You'll be fine.

Good luck,
ShavaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:27 AM   #4

It has been said in many different threads in many different forums that most screens are not capable of adequately displaying the 9 MP images from this camera. If you want to see the real quality, try printing an 8x10 of one of your images. The S9000 does take some getting used to. I like using aperture preferred auto, and for a lot of my shooting and I like using a -1/3 EV compensation, and sometimes even more. This camera is one that you need to learn how to use and how to adapt it to your style the shooting. I had to do quite a bit of experimenting before I started to consistently get the quality of images I was expecting.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote