Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 7, 2006, 5:31 PM   #1

Is it usual for pictures to be this bad quality and grainy, my old sony dsc-p93 5mp is much better!

What setting do you recommend? ISO/Shutter/App

Are Pictures get Dark after 1/100 shutter speed, very intresting :/

Many Thanks!
Gurbakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:34 AM   #2

It would help if you posted some of your pictures.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:56 AM   #3

You really haven't given us enough information to enable anyone to answer your question. If you choose a higher ISO setting, then yes, your pictures will most likely display some graininess. Some have criticized this camera because of noise at higher ISO settings, but in reality that seems to be a characteristic of many digital cameras. I prefer to shoot at the lowest practical ISO setting. And I suppose that is a personal preference, because I like to shoot nighttime lighted building photos at ISO 80. The photos are very clean and noise-free, but the long exposures require a tripod. I like shooting using aperture preferred automatic with an F-stop of somewhere between 5.6 and 7.1. The 9500 requires some getting used to. You need to take a lot of photos using a lot of different settings to discover what works best for you.

A lot of people have complained that the pictures from their 9000/9500 are not as crisp as the ones from their old camera. For one thing, it seems that Fuji has intentionally minimized the processing in this camera. It bothers some people at first, but if you use Photoshop or some other program to do some post processing you will find that your image quality is very good. Another thing to consider is that many computer screens did not have the capability to adequately display quality of such large images. I suggest you try printing an 8x10 or larger and evaluate the results. The images from this model really seem to show their strength in large prints.

My advice would be to not become frustrated with the camera. Study that manual and do a lot of experimenting with your camera. That is what many have done and have reported success.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote