Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Funny Fotos

Old Jun 16, 2006, 4:21 PM   #1

Hi all!

I was enjoying a bit of summer sun today, lying beside a river here in Cluj, Romania. I saw an interesting green snail (I guess it's young?) and made some photos but there was a jungle of grass blades and hard to get a nicely composed shot (reminds me of the film "A Bugs Life"). I was using my Canon 350D and Canon 28-135mm lens.

Anyway, so I put the snail on some paper I had with me (I was doing some work / note taking outside while enjoying the sun and working on my tan... :-) ) and tried to get some photos that way... The snail was moving around (also climbed a bend in the paper, quite interesting to see how they actually use their feelers and move, etc). Then a curious fly which had been flying about (as they do!) decided to land on the snail.

Luckily I had my camera at the ready and it was a quick focus (thank you Canon for the quick focussing of USM - ultra- silent motor- on my Canon lens!) and snap, made the photo. Half a second after I had made the photo the fly flew off (again, as they do!) It was on the snail for only 2 seconds (max). It reminded me of a rodeo, but of course in this case maybe the fly left due to boredom rather than anything else!! :blah:

I couldn't decide if this photo should go in the "funny photo" section or the closeups section, so I'm posting in both.

Anyway, so here is the photo. Hope you like it. Let me know!

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2006, 6:58 PM   #2

Paul, I think this shot qualifies best for this section. BTW, it's my first visit to this part of the forum. It seems your decision has also determined mine!
Congrats, you must have reacted as fast as Lucky Luke with your DSLR to catch this rare incident:G
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 3:19 AM   #3

ride em cowboy :lol: great quick shot .. lol

Marion
Marn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 5:58 AM   #4

Bahadir,

Indeed, being once a fan of Lucky Luke... I hope I qualify to be a fairly quick "camera in the west".... well West of Romania that is!! I'm glad you appreciate this photo also. I've posted a few photos here before in the "funny" section and often enjoyed seeing other's posts here too. Welcome here also Bahadir.

Marion, thanks for looking and for your kind funny comment. Yeah, it was indeed a quick shot and I'm glad how it came out!! All the best

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:30 PM   #5

What a neat shot you got!

Nik
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:44 AM   #6

if that is the express train...that fly must fly really really slow.
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:39 AM   #7

Hi Paul,

I love your photo!! Snails are so interesting and make facinating subjects, but what total fun to have a picture of onewith a passenger! HA! It kinda reminds me of the story "The Tortus and the Hare" I wonder who won this race.

Thank you so much for the fun photo.

Teree

gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:33 PM   #8

shot!

Yeah, I know everyone else is saying the same thing, but it is really
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote