Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:07 AM   #11

I will not comment on shipping, as only you can decide how fast you really want the item...

But, I WILL comment on Beach Camera...I bought my Oly C770 from them one year ago, and the service was great...I have had only good experiences with Beach, along with Tri-State and Adorama...I can recommend them all, and they all dealt with me honestly, competently and fairly...I will buy from them again in the future...
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:04 PM   #12

I bought from BuyDig last week, it was for a (Nikon mount) Tokina 12-24 lens that's hard to find elsewhere. The lens had been out of stock for months, but I saw it available Tuesday of last week. BuyDig still have some, but B&H's stock last week literally lasted a couple of hours.

I ordered on Tuesday afternoon (West Coast) and chosed the cheapest shipping available ($13 for 8-10 days). The other options for this product were $20 for 4-6, $30 for 2-3 and $40 for 1-2. Of course, that usually doesn't include the processing time, which is 24 to 48 hours.

Anyways, after I ordered it, I decided I wanted to use it for a Labor Day Weekend trip, so I called the following day (Wednesday) and asked if it's possible to get it by Friday. The lady said "yeah", and charged me $26 total for overnight shipping. They shipped it FedEx that afternoon (East Coast) and I got it on Thursday 1PM (West Coast).

So for $13 more, I got to enjoy the lens on a small party for my niece on Thursday night, and take the lens on a Lake Taho trip over the long weekend. Needless to say, I was happy with their service, escpecially the shipping portion!

I think they use FedEx, instead of UPS, and I think FedEx cost a little more.

In general, my friend and I, have used BeachCamera/BuyDig several times, and from what I've read on several sites, they're the store New Yorkers use to avoid paying sales tax. B&H and Adorama are still my "first choice" stores, but regarding this specific lens, BuyDig seems to have it a lot more often than B&H and Adorama.

Good Luck!

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:21 PM   #13

Thanks Rey. I'm glad they got it to you in time for the weekend!
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote