Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 29, 2003, 10:01 PM   #1
Default Camera case/bag

I just purchased a Canon EOS10D. The bag I was using is to small. Any ideas on the type of bag to purchase. Who has the best price?

Thanks for your comments.

chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2003, 12:40 AM   #2

Lowepro bags are great! I love my mini trekker backpack. Sells for $129.00 at Ritz.com, but I goy mine off of Ebay for $85.00.

I hope this helps!
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 1:11 PM   #3

Great question as I pondered this quite a while as well. Ended up with both the Lowepro Trim Trekker and a Tenba P262. The Tenba being a little larger with tripod capabilities. Typically plan to carry 28-70, 16-35, 70-200 (all f2.8) speedlight and god knows what else? Quite an adjustment from the 7Hi and culture shock from the C-2020. My first couple of outtings found me taking just the body and lense I'd planned on using. Nothing more. So time will tell if this was the right decision for me? B&H has good inventory and reasonable prices. Nothing like eBay though. Lowepro $111 and Tenba was $122. Both seem well made.
folmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 3:56 PM   #4

I had Lowepro, switched to a large Domke Armadillo bag and a Giraffe frontback. Very well designed, with a lot of nice features.
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 5:22 PM   #5

I've heard very good things about the Lowepro bags. They care a lot about making the bag/backpack comfortable to carry. I'm looking at a S&F Rover AW for my more serious hiking:

But I'm not sure what I should do for the simple carry around, hiking for a hour type of thing..... Maybe an Orion:

But I'd like a mixed bag with a pocket for non-photo stuff (snacks.) So I haven't decieded yet.

One thing you should definily do is find a store near by which stocks a lot of bags and then go there. Look at them, see how they fit and feel. I was thinking about the Orion AW, but rejected it once I got my hands on it in a store.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 9:11 PM   #6

I have Lowepro Nova1 for my Nikon F2. It is perfect. As well as the shoulderstrap you can use a waist belt. It would be hard to go wrong with a Lowe. They are extremely well designed & should stand up to anything. Also they are very comfortable to carry. We also have afew small ones for basic P&Ss.

For security reasons I prefere a shoulder strap w/ the optional waist belt to a back pack. Would always wonder who was doing what behind my back. Out on a mountain it would be a different matter.

You really have to take your camera & gear to a store & fit everything in to a variety of bags. My Nova1 is not quite the right shape for my CP5700, so I'll be packing my gear into town for yet another bag. When you find your perfect bag, I'd also suggest buying on ebay.

HTH Susie
susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 10:11 PM   #7

Good point on having the bag behind me. I actually would more likely keep the bag infront, where I have quick access to it... but I hadn't considered that possability.

I completely agree about trying out the bag in the store. Bring you gear and really test it. If it's an experienced camera store, they won't be surprised with you doing this.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote