Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:34 AM   #1

Hello, I'm sure this has been a topic many times before, so please excuse me if that's the case.

I've been asked to take some photos for a Pee Wee football team. This has happened quite unexpectedly.

I am not a professional, but I have been taking game photos for local teams for a while and this group decided to approach me because they like my shots.

So... I want to be very fair. I'm not in it to make a huge profit... yet.

They know and understand that I don't have the "sports frames" that most photogs give with their packages.

I'll probably put some kind of custom border on the photo that includes the team name, but that will be the extent of it.

Now.. down to the nitty gritty...

Assuming that I can have the photos developed for the following prices... are their any suggestions as to what I should charge. (I will bundle something together for them as well)

8x10 - $2.99
5x7 - .99
4x6 - .29

Sabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:57 AM   #2

Check the prices of the pro's in your area, see what they are charging, and price yourself just under what they charge. Since you are not going to have the sport frames, take that into concideration also. Here is another thing to keep in mind, plan on selling only about half or even less of the shots you take. It really may only be a few of the parents that are actually wanting you to take the photos, even though they all seem pretty excited about it. Don't price yourself too cheap, if you're a good photographer and these people like what you do, then you should get paid on an equal scale to your ability. Don't just think of the cost of the prints, your time is valuable too, if you double the cost of the 8x10 and sell them for $6.00 ea and sell 20 of them you've made a whooping $60, not much money for the effort.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote