Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 9, 2003, 3:53 PM   #1
Default Where to Repair? Casio QV-2000UX

Front cover and/or on-off switch that slides back and forth over the lens has come loose. It is very wobbly and often fails to turn the camera on when opened, or turns it off when I'm trying to take pics.

Casio website lists two authorized service centers. Camera is out of warranty. Are the authorized sites best for repairs, or can someone recommend a good repair facility that can handle? I'm located in the Kansas City area.

Any idea what it costs to fix something of this nature?
hkrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2003, 11:37 PM   #2

It depends on what's wrong...some repair shops who fix all electronics might be able to fix it, but then they may damage something else. If you have a *proper* camera store (that sells all cameras and does repairs on cameras), you can ask them if they can handle that repair.

As for cost, most manufacturers these days have fixed rates for repairs. They may have a minimum repair charge, $100-$150...you'll have to contact them to find out.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:30 AM   #3

As a follow-up for anyone else looking at this...

I have checked camera and electronic repair facilities in the Kansas City area and can't find anyone to work on this. The one camera repair shop that handles digital doesn't do Casio. It appears that my only option is sending it back to Casio as an out-of-warranty repair for a standard fee of $227.95 plus shipping. :!:

I don't think it's worth that much to fix. Problem is with the sliding lens cover that also turns the camera on/off. Something has come loose so the cover wiggles around and will occasionally trip the switch to turn it off while shooting. Is probably more of a physical repair than electronic, but I'm afraid to take it apart to look. Suggestions welcome, other than using it as a paperweight!

hkrause is offline   Reply With Quote