Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 12, 2003, 2:16 PM   #1
Default Canon photo paper?

I am considering purchasing the Canon i950 photo printer. I have read alot about this printer and learned that it works best with Canon brand photo paper. I have looked at several stores around here and cannot find it. I have checked Walmart, Staples and Office Depot. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Canon photo paper? I would prefer to be able to go out and buy paper locally when I need it rather than ordering it and waiting for delivery.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2003, 2:49 PM   #2

Depending where you are in TN, I can get mine 45 minutes away in Tulsa, OK at BestBuy and CompUSA. The drive is not a big deal since I end up in Tulsa about 1 - 2 times/month anyway.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 4:37 PM   #3

I have the S9000 and have tried Kodak Premium, Epson High Gloss and Canon ProPaper. The best results have been with the Canon ProPaper with Epson a very close 2nd place and Kodak, I stopped buying after the first package was finished - very disappointing detail.

I use Canon Pro were I can; 2x3 (2 images in PhotoShop printed on a 4x6 and cut in half), 4x6, 8x10 and 13x19.

For 5x7 and 11x17 I use Epson High Gloss.
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 5:23 PM   #4

Go to this link and order one of the sample packets. Many Canon users have found that RedRiver paper works as good as if not better than Canon.

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 7:43 PM   #5

I just received my Red River trial pack. It includes two 8 X 10 sheets of fourteen different papers. It should give an excellent opportunity to try several papers in the printer you're using.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:56 PM   #6

Office Depot "Premium High Gloss Photo Paper" is a microporous paper that works exceptionally well with Canon dye-based inks (as used on most Canon photo printer including the i950) and provides nearly as good of a print in Canon printers as Canon PPP. It is about half the price (and about twice a year OD puts it on sale at a huge discount--I stock up).

Office Depot stores here in So. Calif. carry the Canon paper along with their own brand, and in fact, I got hooked on the OD paper by going there to purchase the Canon paper. I bought both. Now I use the OD paper almost exclusively. Only when the picture that I want to print is really really important, will I use the Canon paper.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote