View Poll Results: How old are you?
0-18 6 7.59%
19-25 15 18.99%
26-35 23 29.11%
36-45 15 18.99%
46-55 20 25.32%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 29, 2003, 1:31 PM   #41

I'm a 26 yr old single white male.....oops wait a second this isnt a personals ad...I've never owned a camera but used a few until I bought my Oly C-750 a couple months ago.
However photography has been an interest of mine for about 5 years or so
slickShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2003, 3:31 PM   #42

I'm 45.

Oops -- wait a minute, that can't be right. My father has been telling me that he's 39 and holding for many years. How could I be older than my father? :roll:

Actually, my Dad is 83 years old, and in better health than me. Hopefully, I'll be in that good of shape when I'm his age.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2003, 3:40 PM   #43

26 here, will be 26 & 1/2 in 3 days.....does that mean I have an excuse to go celebrate?

And I never owned an slr camera....only had some pentax 35mm with a 38-80mm zoom lens...bought a Kyocera S3 about 2.5-3 years ago...but didn't get into actual photography till about 2 months ago. :lol:
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:54 PM   #44

56 - and still interested in learning.

I have to agree with Soundengineer from Norway, although I don't think kids are less intelligent today. Their interests have changed.

I have been a teacher for too many years and have seen many trends and fads displayed by kids. When computers and digital products were a new item they were explored in order to learn, or complete tasks more effectively. Today too many kids see computers as game machines or ways to send numerous silly messages to their friends. I teach 7 and 8th graders who spend literally hours and hours at home using instant messaging to send incomplete sentences to other techno addicts.

Three years ago I went to Ireland and every kid had a cell phone (or two) and were constantly tapping the keys. Most were sending love messages to a girl two blocks down the street. Now the kids in the states are beginning to do the same thing.

The newest thing is to take some inappropriate pics and send them instantly to all your friends. Why try to buy Playboy when you can take a few quick snaps and post them immediately?

I use to think a few years back that technology was going to be a great tool for our kids - now I am not so sure.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:07 PM   #45

Well, I was going to try to figure this one out, but it's tough to remember those birthdays any more. Let's see - I moved to Tennessee from Missouri when I was one, then to California when I was two, then to Georgia when I was three, then back to Missouri when I was four, then back to California when I was 14, then to Vietnam when I was 25 then to California when I was 27 then to Colorado when I was 31 and that was 30 years ago, soooo that makes me what? Yep 61, but who's counting....

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 12:12 AM   #46
Default I agree with soundengineer...

Here is something interesting, my computer teacher was telling me that the kids today are seeming to get more and more un-intelligent. That is to say, 10 years ago, we all curiously tried to understand computers and to keep up with technology in fear that we would be lost in this ever-changing world. Now, he said, the kids seem to surf like crazy, play games, chat and so forth, but have absolutely no understanding, and even more disturbing, no desire for understanding the principles behind it.
Yeah, I learned the computer on a Tandy 1000. I used dos, 2 5-1/2 inch bays, no hard drive, and an 11mhz proccessor. I was 5 years old. Within a few years, I learned the basics of programing in BASIC.

3 years later we bought a sound card for our new Tandy 2100. My dad was at work when I got home from school. I installed the sound card myself at 8 years old.

Years down the road I bought my own machine. Since then every component in it has been replaced by me. I know windows 98 inside and out. My nephew doesn't need to know a thing to go online or play a game. When he plays a game he just puts the disk in the drive and lets it run. He hasn't got a clue how to browse the hard drive, or copy files, things I had already mastered at his age. And you have to remember I ran DOS at the time.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that he has no need to learn that stuff. All he cares about is playing games.

Dan O.

Oh yeah, I'm going to turn 23 in exactly one month.
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 1:46 AM   #47

I started on a Commadore 64! At the age of 6 I was programming fun games in BASIC as well

Photography...well my grandfather and his father seemed to be in it. I just kind of picked it up I guess. used 2 35mm SLRs since I was 10yrs old, and now I'm playing with digital cameras.

I want a dSLR now

** Looking for donations, if intrested email and I'll send you a link to donate to me for a worthy cause. To feed me Sucks being poor
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 1:56 AM   #48

35 - going on 95 when the kids are driving me nuts, but seriously have been taking photos for 18 years plus and currently have to fight with my 2 1/2 year old over who gets use of MY camera. (see avatar), am definatly going to get him one of his own this xmas.
jabtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 4:15 PM   #49

Personally, I'm 10 years old. I was ten years old in 1982 when I had been alive for 10 years. I was 10 years old in 1992 when I was in college acting like a juvanile deliquent, And I am 10 years old when I go to the wife and say mommy (wife), can I buy this lens? Now honey, I'm sorry but you cannot buy that lens. You just bought a lens on ebay and a ir filter at arlington camera. But mommmmmyyyyyy, I want one!!!! Just one more lens???? Pleeeessssee????
And of course there is, "where did that lens come from!!!" , Oh I have had that lens for months. Dont you remember when I bought it? I told you all about it. Of course she doesn't buy it as she has found the receipt that I thought I had so cunninglly gotten rid of. Just ask my wife, I defanatlly act like a 10 year old, so 10 years old it is!! :P :P :P :mrgreen: :lol:
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 4:20 PM   #50
Default Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...why you ask peoples age..........

I'm 47 but crazy for new toys like Computers, Digital Cameras etc.
Before five years I met Computers but now I'm building my own computers, fixing other computers... 8)
But I read a lot and practice a lot....
I love Computers soo much...
I'm one of the best Computer user where I work... :lol:
I'm teaching office and Graphic programs to young staff... 8)
Still very hungry to learn and still learning.... :P
But young generation is little bit lazy, they are more interested in chat etc......like the fun side of computing.... :?
The Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote