Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:10 PM   #1

Excited about the Canon A710 IS I purchased through a link on Steve's Review from 42nd St camera, I did so without paying attention to the warranty. Apparently the camera was imported from Japan and has no warranty that will be honored by Canon USA.

1) Does anyone have any knowledge of Extended International Warranties, specifically, those offered by 42nd St Camera?

2) Has anyone had any issues with the Canon A710 IS or any Canon camera for that matter within the 12 month warranty period?

Sadly, 42nd St has a 20% re-stocking fee and I could have purchased the same camera from annother vendor for basically the same money with a US warranty.

Thanks for any advice.
Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:43 PM   #2

Do you mean 42nd Street Photo? If so, I am sorry. They are known for unscrupulous sales policies, including the sale of gray market items, and horrible customer service. You should really check out who you are buying from via websites like resellerratings.com.

I would hang on to that camera and hope for the best, as even if you send it back for a refund (minus the restocking fee), there is certainly no guarantee that you will get your money back.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote