Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 9, 2006, 5:33 AM   #1

I have a weird question about using rebates when purchasing a dSLR, which i am assuming many of you have done since i've seen it mentioned here before.

I have emailed the vendors, but who knows how long it will take for them to answer.

If I buy a camera using my credit card or paypal, and have it shipped to a friend of mine in the U.S., can she cash the rebate check if the shipping is in her name but the billing is in mine? Hypothetically, what if I were purchasing it as a gift for her, and wanted her to also have the rebate check so she could get herself some accesories

From what I saw from the rebate coupon from Pentax Imaging ( http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/s...ate_110306.pdf) she can just fill that out (with her name and address), and clip out the UPC code and enclose the receipt for the camera, but will there be my name on the receipt and
will that matter when they issue the rebate?

I know its a long shot that anyone has experienced this before and will respond, but I had to try just in case. :lol:

MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2006, 5:51 AM   #2

I don't think it would be an issue for your friend to receive the rebate. She would need your original receipt for purchase (copies usually aren't accepted) to send in with the rebate form filled out in her name. Or you could probably just fill out her information on the rebate form and all would be ok. A few years ago my in-laws purchased a home theater system that had a bose wave radio as a rebate, which they already owned. They filled the paperwork out in our name and we received the radio no problem.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote