Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 16, 2006, 3:55 AM   #1

I have just bought a Canon IXUS 850IS and the box only contained a Basic Camera User Guide. The Basic Guide refers to an Advanced User Guide, yet this did not come with the camera. Does anyone know if this should have come in the same box, or do I have to buy separately?

Also, I have been getting a lot of red eye when I use the camera in Auto Mode. I did not expect to get this with such an expensive camera. Can anyone tell me how to avoid this with this camera?

Anthony1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2006, 8:52 AM   #2

I don't know if it's normally in the box or not (I suspect that it would be though, or at least on an included CD). Sometimes, some manuals are on CD instead.

You can download a copy of it in .pdf format from Canon (note that the SD800IS manuals are the same).

Canon Download Page

As for redeye, that's a problem with any smaller camera. The closer the flash is to a camera's lens, the more likely you're going to get some redeye. Even with a DSLR using a popup flash that's further from the lens, you can still get some. Ditto for an external flash if it's not far enough away from the lens. Your best bet is to use software to correct it (using the redeye reduction flash mode to try and minimize the amount you have).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote