Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 7, 2003, 12:44 PM   #1
Default Olympus Camedia C-730 UZ

hi, i am looking to buy a Olympus Camedia C-730 UZ , and I would like to know if it is a good camera? does anyone recommend it? or are there any other camera around the same price range that you think i should look at as well? please let me know. thank you
steventlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:06 PM   #2

I would suggest re-posting on the Olympus forum. I just bought the C-720 after hearing nothing but good info from Olympus owners I know. All models aren't created equal; there are plusses and minuses to consider. Check for Steve's reviews and compare the various C7XX models on the Olympus site.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2003, 1:53 AM   #3

The 730 is an older model now, but still a good camera. There's now the 740 and 750 (the 750 being the best of the bunch IMO)...they now have an ED lens which helps reduce chromatic aberration (purple fringe).

As well as posting in the Olympus forum here, you may want to check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, for owners of all C-7x0 cameras, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/

I'm a C-700 user BTW.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2003, 12:05 PM   #4

I shoot with an OLY C-730, and get really stunning photos (I've sold some, especially panoramics). It tends to pin cushion with purple fringing under low light, backlight situations with the zoom, but most of this can be compensated on the back end in Photo Shop Elements. For the money, I don't think you can beat the Oly C series - I'd look at the C-750 if I was buying today. ALSO - read the CD manaul - lot more info than the paper manual that comes with the camera. I'm going to make the jump to an SLR as soon as th size of the cameras and the price tag drops. Hope this helps.
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote