Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:39 PM   #11

I was curious so I did a quick look of a couple of well known web stores.

For used equipment - keh lists only 4 AF lenses, but 19 manual focus lenses and Adorama has 17 primes and 69 zooms, many of them third party lenses (some would be good, some not so good). I didn't check either one for listings for screw mount lenses.

For new I found 90 listings on Adorama for Pentax mount lenses, and then checked the web site for a California store called Samys (being from California and being familiar with this store). They had a listing of 14 lenses, including all those limited lenses I always drool over. Another local California store (Bel Air Camera) has 21 Pentax lenses shown (they also carry Tamron lenses, but they don't have them listed by type of mount, so I couldn't easily identify which ones they might have on hand), though some of them are for medium format cameras (I've beentold that they can be used with an adaptor, but they are SO much more than 35mm lenses, it wouldn't be worth it). Checked a third local SoCal camera store's website and they had quite a few Sigma and Tamron lenses listed for Pentax mount cameras (but no Pentax made lenses).

I didn't check b&h - the last time I looked they were pretty well sold out. There's usually lenses for sale on ebay, the number varies from day to day. So there's lenses out there if one looks around a bit. Not all local camera stores carry Pentax cameras and lenses, but they are out there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote