Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:46 PM   #1

Seems pretty good. Anybody know of the seller'sreputation?
surfTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:04 PM   #2

Run, Forest.......RUN !

Click on 'item includes' -> nothing

Why would they check 'the legitimacy of the order' before they process it?

BROOKLYN just about says it all............................................... ...........sigh

bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:15 PM   #3

Yep... That they're located in Brooklyn is the only thing I need to know about them, since that's the scam artist capital of the U.S. for internet camera dealers that try to rob you blind (for some reason, they seem to be able to get away with it there).

This must be a new business name, since I only see couple of (bad) customer reviews so far at http://www.resellerratings.com

Give it time and I'm sure we'll hear a lot more about them. :-)

If a price looks too good to be true...

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:18 PM   #4

Suggested Reading:

How to buy a Digital Camera without being robbed

Always check customer reviews at http://www.resellerratings.com for any vendor you consider. There are a lot of scam artists around with very nice loooking web sites.

If they have a small number of reviews, I'd avoid them (as the scammers start up web sites with new names often and have been know to try and pad their own ratings with glowing reviews).

Stick with better known reputable vendors.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:24 PM   #5

Yup, another crooklyn store front:

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:27 PM   #6

Always check B&H and adorama first. Anyone who isn't within 10% of the price is probably running some sort of scam. If it's too good to be true, then it's probably a rip off.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 1:16 PM   #7

There was a whole documentary on TV awhile ago dealing with crooked e-tailers. Brooklyn is infested with them. You may get the camera for an incredibly low price, but you won't get any accessories, not to mention a U.S. warrenty. Allot of times these websites will have a second "package" that has all the necessary accessories, but at a price that will make you cringe. That's classic 'bait and switch' tactics for ya. The rule of thumb is: if it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Check out these Brooklyn "store fronts":http://www.donwiss.com/pictures/brooklynstores

Be careful out there everyone!

An-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:01 AM   #8

i have followed many of the rip off threads and wonder why people still scour the net for supposed "bargains" the good old "if its seems too good to be true it is" comes to mind, the only time u will get a real good deal on a camera is when its due to be replaced and they need to shift stock.

from experiance i find that if u go into a shop/store knowing what u want and can prove a genuine price elsewhere many will match or beat it to have your custom or throw something in free, and no waiting no shipping fee and you have somewhere to take things back if things go wrong.

i understand that in america its a long way to some major stores but surely major camrea retailers have websites too

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:20 PM   #9

Why is it that cameras attract more of these thiefs than other types of merchandise? I've shopped online for close to 10 years, and usually buy on price. I never have a problem buying other items on price alone. However, with cameras, if you shop on price, you're looking to get burned. I have a small trusted circle of companies that I'll shop, and I'll rarely step outside of that realm. I don't know what it is about cameras that attracts them, though.

rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote