Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:31 AM   #11

For mid-day photos, assuming the sun is out, a polarizer is the filter to use. This will increase color saturation, reduce reflections and act as a neutral density filter to reduce exposure, all at the same time.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:34 AM   #12

Imacer, I just got confirmation on the Nikon DSLR board that the polarizer is indeed what we are looking for.

Amazing gave almost the exact same response to you as Logan did to my question. He also elaborated on the impact to stops. Here is his response.

..."you are definetly looking for a circular pol. it reduces glared deepens the blue in the sky and gives the whole picture a nice pop/vividness. but careful, it takes of about 2 stops, so youll have slower shutter speeds... but if its sunny out then i wouldnt worry too much as it will still be a rather high SS im assuming! that "vividness" could also be reproduced in PP. hope i helped clear any questions? if not ill clarify".......from Logan.

Isn't it nice to have so many knowledgable and helpful people as a resource for learning?

Hope your trip photos come out great! Drive safe!

camalot is offline   Reply With Quote