Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 25, 2007, 4:36 AM   #1

I have a Sony F828 from Dec 05. In the past month, I cannot see the image either in the viewfinder or the LCD screen. When I contacted the Sony Service Center, they said that its likely a CCD problem and that they would replace it free of charge. So I sent the camera in and heard back from them that its not a CCD fault and theya are going to charge me 115 quid.

I agreed and they repaired it (apparently) and so I got the camera back but minus the battery. Call Sony about this and they say they never received the battery but hold on - ' by the way there was no fault with your camera and we'd like to refund you 85 quid. We will keep the 30 quid as an inspection charge'.

Today, the problem has re-surfaced. Please note that the playback mode works fine and I can see past images. But no image can be seen in any of the shoot modes.

Any help - either in sorting out the problem and/or how to deal effectively withSony will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong forum but I did check and did not see any specific forums for such problems.
rshankaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:55 AM   #2

just keep calling and going higher and higher at the service place. i am not sure if the place is authorized by sony, or is sony, but keep making the calls. if it authorized by sony, then call sony as well. depending on how hard you complain, and to the right people of course you will get taken care of ....

just keep your cool, and speak with facts, and logic... the higher up you go, the more chance they listen to you.

good luck... (i too have an f828 and haven't had any problems yet... )

dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote