Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 2, 2007, 9:46 PM   #1

Hi I have a Minolta A2 camera that i have had for about a year or longer. The other day I was playing with it and had it on a tripod. I set it down on my counter next to my sink and as I turned around to grab something it tipped over and fell to the ground (carpet). i continued shooting and it seemed like it was ok. Well a few days later i was outside taking some shots of some geese and after about 6-8 pictures the camera suddenly said that it could not read the memory card. SO I took the memory card out and put it back in and it still cannot read it.

My question is do you think it is the memory card or the camera that is messing up. Also do you think this is a result of it falling/
jdcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2007, 7:37 AM   #2

The only way to test if the problem is the card or the camera is to try another memory card in the camera. You can also try to read the card with your computer using a card reader.

If the computer cannot see/read the card, try formating the card in the reader and then see if the camera will recognize it. If it does, then format the card in the camera.

If the computer cannot even format the card, then it (hopefully) is just the card.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote