Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 8, 2007, 6:24 PM   #1

I'm a photographer in a small town in Texas, and I have photographed a local rock band those members have all signed model releases in order for me to showcase my photos online. Of the five band members, twoare underage, one has signed a model release with her dad who isa member of the band. The other young lady has not signed a model release, as her dadtook the release home to look at it along with small thumbnail images of the photos I made. One of the band members wishes to create a website using my images that I have made and would like to possiblypurchase my images. I have offered to either charge them per photo (3x5,5x7,8x10) or I explained that he could go with Image License Agreement buying each image at a cost, then the photo would be his. What is the best way to go? Or is there another alternative approach?

Furthermore, I plan on staying with the band as their photographer as things progress, a possible sponsorship is in the works. Is their a form that I could have them sign that would give mepremission to take photos of the band while on tour, for promotion etc. Like an all-in-one release?

How can I make sure my photos will not be misused? What forms/license/agreement do I need to use to ensure I'm not being taken advantage of? How does an image license work? Is it best to use?

Thank you for your time and God Bless!

All the Best,
TXPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links