Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 5, 2003, 6:01 PM   #1
Default How do you correct bad color?

Just bought a Toshiba PDR 3330 over 3 weeks ago and after going through a couple of hundred shots, I find this camera's interpretation of color quite lacking for outdoor shots. It seems to add a purplish/magenta hue, even with white balance put on "cloudy". ( Exposure, sharpness, saturation and focusing at auto mode is quite satisfactory, no problems too for prolonged exposure indoors without using a flash.)

Am just curious about the ff:

1) Why?
a) Is it the ccd's filters?
b) Is it firmware? If it's firmware, is it hard coded to the chip or could I expect Toshiba to come up with a newer version and download it?

2) Is there a way to rectify this using photo-editing software? --
( Have tried changing the hue with the bundled ACDSee software without success fo far;
ie: There's no way I can make Steve's Toshiba pdr 3300 "brick house" sample picture into say Steve's Canon G3 "brick house" sample picture... you get what I mean

3) Or should I just change the camera? ( Have my eyes on the Canon G3 and the Oly C750 UZ, which one would you recommend?)

Thanks in advance.
William Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2003, 7:30 PM   #2

It sounds like a white balance problem. I'm not familiar with your camera... does it have a "Custom" white balance option? If it does, take a sample based on a white card. If this doesn't work for you, there may be a glitch with this particular camera.

Try the manufacturer link on this web site for more specfic help.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote