Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:06 PM   #1

I was considering on purchasing a Holga when I found this site: http://www.thetoycamera.com They sell a lens that they claim will create the effect of a Helga on my DSLR, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of them or has purchased the lens. I've never heard of the company and just wanted some feedback from anyone who may already own the lens and if it really works as advertised before I buy one.
jackphoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2007, 1:26 AM   #2

Interesting concept.... spend $100 to intentionally compromise a decent lens..... why not just go buy the cheapest lens you can find, and put a FAR cheaper cheap spot filter on it....and a step down ring on top of that for the vignetting???
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:28 AM   #3

Find a used step-down ring to fit one of your lenses. Find the cheapest used (maybe a couple of them) UV/Skylight filters. Take sandpaper to the outer 2/3ds of the filter. Not enough, try spreading Vaseleine on various portions of the filter. Be sure to wipe it of before dropping back in your camera bag. Always drop it back in your bag/pocket unprotected. :-)
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote