Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 12, 2003, 4:26 PM   #1
Default Cool Video of Konica Revio KD-510z (Minolta DiMAGE G500)

Konica Japan has released two very nice videos of the Konica KD-510z (which Minolta is also introducing as the Minolta DiMAGE G500). This movie has LOTS of sample photos from the camera, even showing sample prints at very large print sizes. All manufacturers should follow their example.

What's neat about it is the way they designed the movie.

They show a smaller movie on one side of the screen, while changing between sample images taken by the camera on the other side of the screen.

It also shows someone holding and using the camera, explaining features, etc. -- even pointing out memory card/battery location, etc.

When you go to this link, a menu containing the video choices (either low or high bandwidth choices for the two movies) will popup allowing you to select the version best suited for you (make sure you select the low bandwidth version for 40k-80k access speeds, if you are using a 56k modem). I have a cable modem, so I can view the 300k version.

A popup menu will appear, letting you choose the desired movie:

Here's my album of photos from this camera:

Also, here's a direct link to the popup movie menu choices (that pops up from the previous page, if for some reason you are not allowing popups with your browser):

P.S. -- the second video even shows sample photos using different settings on the camera, for example, reduced glare by setting the camera to use a lower flash strength, one of the parameters you can set with this camera.

It's too bad it's not in English, but you can get the idea.

The side by side photos using different settings is pretty pretty cool, because it shows you how the cameras features can improve photo quality.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links