Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 27, 2007, 9:52 PM   #1

For those of you that may sell photos or portraits.... how did you make the order form?? Just a simple Microsoft Excel page??? Did you have thumbnails of the pictures to be ordered on the page?

dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:18 PM   #2

I don't do portraits (to sell), but for other prints, I generally sell the prints matted and framed, locally. A couple places sell things on consignment, and the customers nearly always want everything done for them and to immediately take them home.

I also sell photo note cards to local businesses. For that, I take around a porfolio with 8x10" prints for them to pick from, as well as samples of some of the cards. Not being terribly welll organzed, I just write down the orders as I take them. Mainly because my customers are also my friends, and I want to keep the personal touch.

As you can probably tell, I do this less as a business and more as a way have fun and fund my photography. Others will likely do things very differently.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 7:06 PM   #3

Do a google search and you'll find many decent free invoice forms out there, mostly in excel format. I don't embed thumbnails in the form, I typically offer a proof sheet with thumbnails for free for customer viewing.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote