Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 20, 2007, 2:50 AM   #1

hi i send some of my concert photos to friends but am thinking of selling some.

Ihave heard there is a program that puts your photos on cd the buyer can print them but not copy the disc or copy them onto a computer any ideas of the programs that will do that ?
jeanette6204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:35 AM   #2

No such working program exist, nor will one ever exist. Even ignoring the fact that every copy protection for CD has been broken, once an image is in the computer's memory (e.g., on the way to the printer) it can be written to disk.

It might be possible to make it more difficult to copy, but that is as likely to chase off potential customers as it is to keep someone form copying.

I think the solution is to either sell prints (those can also be copied) or sell the CDs cheap enough that there is less temptation to copy. A really nice lable/print on the CD with a nice box insert would also help make folks want the orginal instead of a copy.

As another issue, do you have permission from the folks in the pictures to sell the pictures, i.e., a model release?
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:00 PM   #3

best option for you is to make a cd with low resolution images that look ok but are poor for printing, or watermark the images.

that way they can look and contact you for prints

ps some slideshow software will do kind of what u want as it makes a mini film clip and does not include the original images

proshow producer/gold does that
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote