Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:14 PM   #1

Any one else have this problem?

I'm a long time 35mm shooter. My Nikon F has no viewfinder info at all and My FM displays shutter speed and aperture in good light only. I have become accustom to knowing where my settings are and changing them by simply counting clicks in my head. Only occasionally looking at the dials to confirm.

Now that I have gone digital with a Nikon D50 I find myself taking forever to change settings. I have to stop and think about where to look let alone how to change them. And I find the intermediate numbers a little confusing sometimes.

Maybe I'm just getting old. And I haven't used the camera as much as I would have liked to yet. But I thought I would get used to it quicker.

Has any one else experienced this transformation problem?

Any advice would be good. TJ

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:20 PM   #2

My SRT-202 has the aperture & shutter speed clearly displayed in the viewfinder.

I am still trying to get used to being able to change film speed in the middle of a roll, though.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:00 PM   #3

I went from SRT- to D7hi, and the difference was startling as to how much info can be displayed in EVF. With the WYSIWYG display, once I got used to it, I found I almost didn't have to think about camera settings. It did take a while to get to that point, though. Now, I also have *ist D, which is quite different from either, and the process is taking longer. Also, when using the D7hi, now, it is not as intuitive as when I was uing it nearly exclusively.

Advice? Take pictures with it, set up shots with different settings, and have patience with yourself.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote