Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:50 AM   #1

Dear Friends
I just bought a Panasonis DMC FX33 digital camera. Photos are great. But when I took pictures from my daughters concert it looks a bit blur and the colors and the brightness looks dull and picture not sharp. If I switch off the flash picture is ok but sometimes get blur pictures and with shadows. There are colored spot lights on the stage and also the lights from the video camera. How to overcome this?

At home I've tried take picture of my Christmas tree the colors also not that good. I use the white balance indoor and outdoor mode the colors look better but looks yellowish. Is it like that? Any website with digital camera shooting guides and how to? Thank you very much.

anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2007, 4:03 AM   #2

colours are muted in low light, and the blur is due to either movement on stage or movement of you taking the shot, shutter speeds are very slow in those conditions

you can adjust the brighness with almost any editing software, and if your camera allows raw shooting u can also adjust the white ballance after with raw software, try the software that came with your camera see what happens

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 8:39 PM   #3

One other thing to mention is that with mixed color lighting, it may be difficult or impossible, even with editing software, to obtain a pleasing white balance, as there is no color temperature which is 'correct' for the whole scene.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote