Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 7, 2003, 6:44 PM   #1
Default Minolta D-SLR?

With Canon leading the charge to lower-priced digital SLR's is there any rumor on the horizon as to when other camera companies (Minolta, specifically to my interest) will release their d-SLR models? Pentax is missing in action with their *ist-D (long promised and not yet delivered, locally). Minolta's current top-of-the-line Dimage 7Hi model is seriously handicapped by the lack of an optical viewfinder, in my opinion. I'd also be interested to see if any companies are currently contemplating using RAID technology for their memory cards to reduce write times? I'm also interested in whether anyone is yet contemplating the "micro-mirror" technology used on digital televisions for a SLR mirror surface that wouldn't have to physically flop up to redirect the light to the sensor surface. Kodak is currently the only camera maker (to my knowledge) to use OLED technology for reducing the current demands of display panels. Anyone else contemplating hopping on that wagon? Is there any way that consumers can "encourage" camera makers in the "right direction" so that digital camera technology can become a "mature market" and drive prices down to the current price of film SLRs? Enquiring minds want to know
Boomzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links