Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 8, 2003, 1:35 PM   #1
Default trouble copying pictures from MINOLTA S404

hey guys thought maybe one of you would have some idea about my problem. when i connect my camera up and sync it through the usb it started opening the contents of the folder instead of bringing up the microsoft copy dialog. it comes up as a removable drive like it always has but under the properties it thinks the drive contains music files. i go to media type hit pictures and click on ask what to do on autoplay, and it still just opens up the folder. i tried removing the drivers for both the removable drive and the usb driver and still had the same problem. if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it
nickatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2003, 6:43 PM   #2

As a stab in the dark, maybe you have a corrupt memory card. If you have important piccies on your card, could try out the demo of Photo Rescue at http://www.photorescue.us/
I think this demo allows you to see what rescuable pictures are on your card. If you then want to go ahead with the rescue you purchase a software unlock key for $29. The actual rescue can then go ahead and of course the software is then available for subsequent use for no further charge.
If the photos are not so important, there is freebie software that may do the job maybe less elegantly or quickly and without the preview.
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote