Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:02 PM   #1

I want to create a professional looking website to get some work doing casual portraits and weddings. I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars. I got the pics, I just need the site.

I'm not interested in the photo sharing sites. I had a smugmug page, but I'm just not really happy with it (still looks home grown to me no matter how many changes to the style sheet i make) and I'm not really html and web design savvy. I've seen a few and right now photobiz.com is the front runner.

Any suggestions of sites?

And I'm getting different opinions about using a flash slideshow on the homepage. I like it, it seems a lot of pro photography sites have them. But some say not everyone has flash. I would think by now they would.
shannan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2008, 1:27 PM   #2

erm where to start?

a nice site wont get you work, your pictures will !!! remember that one

seems an expesive way of doing a site, $250 for flash template, $100 for setup and minimum of $25 a month for 600 pics

$600 for the year from what i can make out

i cant point you to a better site as i took time to learn to build my own as i dont have tons of money to throw at it, but thought id take a look and see whats what with photobiz

do as much research as you can before u spend, and good luck

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 8:31 PM   #3

I would guess there are still a few of us around who are on dialup and find the use of Flash a real PITA. I have it blocked, so any site that uses it on the front end is dead to me.

If you want a professional site, I would recommend getting a professional to create it for you. You will end up spending nearly as much, or more,money, and way more time trying to do it yourself.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote