Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:05 PM   #21

I bought from them about 2 weeks ago. Pentax K20d with additional add ons (about $985). All came within 4 days with a hard shell case that UPS trashed. I called them, customer service was very polite and helpful. Sent out new case without any argument, (did not have to send trashed case back) got it 5 days later. I had a great experience with them and will purchase from them in the future. BTW, I totally disassembled the old case and repaired it. Still has a dent but is useable took about 3 hrs while watching the tube.
oldschool52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:00 PM   #22

Time2Envy is one of the many aliases used by Broadway Photo, one of many companies in the State of New York being continually monitored by the State Attorney General.

See Broadway Photo - BU$TED!!!! - NY Attorney General.

So maybe now is a good time to buy from Time2Envy.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:20 AM   #23

First off, a source tells me that they're mixed up with some racket that got nailed by the DA not that long ago. I'm not sure if it was Prestige or Broadway. You can probably figure it out. Anyway... after my experience, I have to believe it.

Here's what happened:

I bought a $5500 HVX200 kit from Time 2 Envy last May. When I opened it, in front of the head of filmmaker education at SF Film Arts (Michael Behrens), it immediate shorted out. I sent it for repair. It was sent back to me a month later. Somewhat foolishly, I let it sit in the box when it came back to me; I didn't need it... and besides... I had a 4 year warranty from Repair Tech! I opened the camera the other day, and I'm having the SAME EXACT problem, as if the camera were never repaired. The camera is a lemon and has been since day one. Very saddening.

The good thing is... I'd gotten a warranty! I called Time 2 Envy to send it back in to Panasonic... since I have a 4 year warranty, right? Not so. "Repair Tech, the warranty company, went out of business, and, since it's been 14 months since you purchased the camera from us, we can't help you. Call Panasonic. Have a nice day; come again soon. Best of luck."

Panasonic has no record that Time 2 Envy ever sent it in. Why? It turns out T2E doesn't even send repairs to Panasonic's centers! They lied to me about this. Now, they won't give me ANY info about the repair.. not what was done or even WHO did it. Then I spoke with the manager, Jim Buck (extension 512.) Jim had gall to insinuate that I was saying that you had never done any repair at all. "What do you think we did when we brought your camera in... just sat on it?!"

Come to think of it... I imagine that's not far from what DID happen. I hadn't thought about that possibility... that T2E had done nothing at all. I appreciated that heads up from Jim.

Both Regina and Jim told me that they're not authorized to give out any information regarding the repair. "Why?" I asked. "Because those are the rules." He's not authorized to tell me why he's not authorized. Neither he nor anyone else in customer service is authorized to give me the name of the owner either. I had to Google quite a bit until I found out who it was: Michael Beylus. I've already filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and Andrew Cuomo's office. This was an EXPENSIVE camera and T2E won't stand behind it.

I have my part in this fiasco. First off, I didn't do enough research. I looked at the 99.1% eBay rating. Foolish me. Those ratings are given before people have to send their defective cameras for repair and find out that they have no warranty! I should've checked these people out. I would've found that they're some store front somewhere in Brooklyn and that they frequently change addresses. They're KNOWN by Panasonic, by the way, as a disreputable dealer. The Better Business Bureau already has complaints against them. They're a "shadow company." Predators who feast on naive first time customers. Call there. Ask them questions about the company. Who owns it, for example? "Can I see your store, please?" You'll really only learn how horrible they are... what a bunch of charlatans... if you have a repair.

However, while I may have been foolish in not opening the package after the repair, that is NOT my part. Again, I had a warranty. Allegedly. I trusted them. I trusted them with my camera. They won't even tell me what they did with MY property... my camera, that I'd already purchased... when it was sent to them for repair. I hope you see how ludicrous this is.

You'll find a lot of terrible comments about Time 2 Envy on the web. However... of course, most people will say good things about them. Most cameras work. The problem is... when your camera DOESN'T work, you're in trouble. You'd do well, in my opinion, to buy from authorized dealers. T2E lied to me and told me that they were Panasonic authorized. It was one of many lies that I've heard from them since we established our "relationship" in April of last year.

I don't want them to replace my camera or send it for repair. They can't be trusted in any way. This is what they're banking on... that I can't do a damn thing. Well, they must take me for a total fool... and an unmotivated one. It may be foolish... I will not rest until I spread the word FAR AND WIDE about T2E's unscrupulous business practices. I'll make sure that all of their major eBay customers are warned. I'll post this story on every single camera bulletin board/blog that I can find. Anything on the web that says Time 2 Envy will also have my story on it... or I'll email the site owner. If I have to get one of those TV shows to march into their business (if they can ever even find it; it's had so many addresses)... or if I have to work a couple of connections in print news that I have... I'll do it. I'll do whatever I have to do to get satisfaction and to ensure that others don't befall the same fate that I befell.

Time 2 Envy.... puh-leeez!!! More like Time 2 Regret.

Or Time 2 Vomit.

All I have to say to the public is: BEWARE!!! You get what you pay for with Time 2 Envy. Which, as you know, is very little.
hb_scone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:53 AM   #24
Default Time 2 Envy scam

My friend and I wanted to make an HD movie with the canon 5d. I know a bit about whats needed and such , however he knows very little . and he was the one purchacing the gear. Being that he is a sucker for the cheapest looking price he arrived at time2envy...........................

He had actually been in contact with them before about a panasonic HD and some how he trusted these guys, and I didn't see any reason to argue other then the accessories looked like cheap crap you might find at a flea market .

In my many years of buying pro audio gear i have gotten a few of these cheapo items, usually for free with purchase. So i just didn't think much could go wrong.

Well here is what happened. They managed to increase the price of his purchase by over 1500$ dollars just by lying to him and selling him a warranty. They had told him that he needed different lenses to shoot movies and he bought it. however they just sent the same lenses, they would have sent anyway. They sold him a 5 year warranty and 200$ shipping protection.

Obviously this camara is gray market and has no real warranty and the gear is crap. The CF cards are not going to perform at the level he claimed, and none of the "extra stuff" is worth more then 10$. The extra lens is not (75-300) good for movies and its not an upgrade. There are even missing pieces from the list.

these people are stealing and scamming , its not just a hard sale. These people could be terrorist or some such. At any rate they are criminals.
I suggest scamming them back, most likely they will not be able to stop you. Unless they come to your house and attack you.
spinzaar is offline   Reply With Quote