Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 25, 2008, 4:40 AM   #1

Hi all,

It has been a while since my last chat, just been busy being a dad and work but always have had time to view here when time permits.

Anyway, my question is, I am wanting to ask does anyone here do photography for real estate agents and if so, apart from the standard camera assosiated equipment what if any lighting or other tools of trade do you use. I am wanting to get into this type of field as I have been asked to do some for a friend who is in the industry. Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:21 AM   #2

I don't use anything special as far as lighting goes...Just the standard flash for inside shots of homes...Most of the homes you will shoot would not have large enough rooms for any kind of light setups anyway...The main piece of equipment is a good
wide angle lens...I mainly use a 24-70mm 2.8L Canon lens but sometimes I have to
use the 16-35mm 2.8L...These wide angles show more of the space without having to composite any photos to show the whole room...As far as the agents themselves, I use lenses that I normally use when taking people photos...:G
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:20 AM   #3

One of our local TV stations has a real estate program on Sunday mornings and as luck would have it they had a segment on real estate photography. There's a brief commmercial message at the start but it's a good segment. You will notice that the equipment is not fancy but there is a fish eye lens involved.

BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote