Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:07 PM   #1

So, I recently decided to start seeing if I could sell some of my photography. I am not the best, but I looked around and realized I did pretty well compared to much of what is out there. I am planning on hitting the festivals next year, but I thought I would get a head start online now.

Just randomly (I don't even recall how) I came across this site called Imagekind. It is kind of like Cafe Press for high quality art prints. You put your images up, then people can order them from a wide variety of styles and sizes, and IK prints them and mails them. You set the profit over the cost of goods set by IK.

The basic service is free, so I set up a gallery, Soul of Miami. It seems to be a pretty good service, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

I am also wondering about other, similar services. Or other outlets to sell photography. I have heard of Deviantart, Flickr, and Picassa, but I have not tried any of those yet. Do they have commerce applications? Are there any other good places to sell your photography at? Any and all input is appreciated.
coachjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:30 PM   #2

this subject as been covered a few times

what u have done isnt the best way to sell your images, and to make lots of money it takes lots of work

what i do is concentrate on my local area, i get out with images i have shot and go to likely places to try sell them or display them, i have a pub i show images in, exclusive to me, a gallery that myself and others show and sell from and a guest house the exclusivly shows and sells my stuff

im building up stock for my wife to sell at craft fairs too.

so get ur best shots together and get out there, local people will most likely buy local pics

put togehter a website of your own to show stuff too and get cards flyers made up so people can see your work, you could at a push use that site but its not considered professional to use that kind of site

www.hd7.co.uk is where i show my stuff....as its my site....but been way to busy doing proper job to update it lately.........but i still get orders

hope something in there may help you further

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote