Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:45 PM   #1

A friend of mine has a camera that has square thumbnails in multi-up. My camera is the more traditional style that shows whether I have taken a portrait or a landscape photo.(tall or wide). I'm pretty new to photography and contemplating buying a camera like this all other things being equal and I didn't know if this would be a problem or not. IN a view where I see one picture, I can see whether it is a portrait or a landscape, just not in the thumbnail. What are your more educated thoughts on this subject.
anyaonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:40 AM   #2

It would make no difference to me since I cannot think of the last time I looked at the thumbnails on my camera's little LCD. At best, those little tiny images will give a clue about which one to look at more closely.

About the only time I look at the LCD is to either adjust the exposure and/or check the focus. That is done with the most recent shot(s) so I have no reason to look at the thumbnails.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 3:58 PM   #3

I have to agree with Bill here. The thumbnails are so small as to be useless for anything other than counting how many pictures you have. To determine which to keep or delete, I have to scroll thru the full-size shots.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote