Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 20, 2008, 6:35 PM   #1

When I copy photos to my Epson, it is stored in the SAVED DATA section. And from there what I do is copy the photos to a new album i create in the "albums section"

Now once I do that, can I delete the photos from the "SAVED DATA" section once I have an album extablished? Becasue that would take up extra memory wouldn't it?

Any help would be appreciated =)
xoxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:37 PM   #2

I'm not sure how the P-2000 is set up, but in general, with most of the cataloging and album programs I have seen, the album is just a reference to the original file location. This allows you to keepyour photos arranged by date, but also to reference them from within an album, so you could have all your wildflower pictures in the same album, regardless of when they were taken, but it would not create duplicates of the pictures themselves, usually just thumbnails for viewing. If this is the case, you would not want to delete your Saved Data.

Of course, the P-200 may work differently, so maybe someone with experience with it may be able to help out with a definitive answer.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote