Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 30, 2003, 6:43 PM   #1
Default Argus DC3810 5.0 Megapixel 3x Optical Digital Ca

Anyone know anything about an Argus DC3810 ( DC-3810 ) 5.0 Megapixel 3x Optical Digital Camera? I just got an email with an ad for it for 229.00
It is not what i'm looking for but I am curious about it. thanks, brett w
brettw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2003, 7:47 PM   #2

The first thing that comes to mind is, bottom of the barrel. What would come to mind if I said fisher price was making a 5mp camera? I have been leed to believe that argus used to have some great values with film cameras way back when (before I was born). Does the camera work? I am sure it does. My personal opinion is that any user would be beter getting a 2-3mp camera with a bit beter quality. I have an old low res argus and it is really a plastic pos. Still, I have had it for a few years and it still works. This is the kind of camera that sells to people that know nothing about cameras and only see megapixels as the quality/capability of the camera. You would be much beter off getting an a60 (I like canons) or there are several other brands with cameras in the price range.
Fyi, there is actualy a review on it so judge for yourself.
It is kind of a waste to have a 5mp sensor and a capable lens system, and then complete tha camera with botom of the line support hardware (thats why it is so cheap).
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote