Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 1, 2003, 2:16 AM   #1
Default Help with new upgrade please

Well my Canon s10 has served me well but the shots are not impressing me compared to what I have seen from others and my battery life is terrible. Most of my pics are family,scenery, and some macro shots of my wristwatches. I'd like to try and keep price under $500 and something that doesnt use expensive propriatary batteries. I'd like to use standard AA. I'd also like like something with a strong zoom lens

Any help or comments are appreciated

daneldil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:58 AM   #2

A strong zoom lens and macro ability will not be easy. That price range is fairly good though.

Unfortunately, I don't have a camer in mind for you, I lept up to a DSLR when I went digital, so I didn't research such cameras. Nikon has had a history of making cameras with good macro ability, but their zooms aren't very long (except for the CP 5700.) What do you consider a "strong zoom"?

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2003, 9:43 AM   #3

Look at the Olympus C740 or C750 both have a 10X optical zoom and a super macro mode. I have the C740 but do not use the macro function. The C740, 3.2 mp, cost under $400 and the C750, 4 mp, cost under $500 on the internet. Go to www.dealtime.com for pricing and vendor ratings.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote