Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 1, 2003, 3:34 AM   #1
Default Inexpensive Fisheye

About ten (maybe 15?) years ago, I bought a rather inexpensive add-on lens for whatever camera I was using back then. It's a "Prinz Deluxe Super Wide Macro 0.42X AF Lens".

Recently, it turns out the lens fitted pretty easily onto my Olympus e-100 camera, and gave me some really handy fisheye type images. Here's one that I used on a report:

The full size image can be found here:

I know it's not the greatest picture, but for my purposes, having a quick overall view of something, it worked great.

This lens isn't all that large in diameter. It fits fine on my e-100, but is way too small to fit onto the lens of my e-10 or for that matter, any of my Nikon lenses.

Question - if I get a "step down adapter" for say, the e-10, and put this lens on, am I going to get garbage, or will I still get an image somewhat like the above?

If this isn't going to work, does anyone know a current source of "fisheye adapter lenses" that are big enough to work on Nikons, Canons, and maybe my Olympus e-10?
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2003, 1:27 PM   #2

You'll probably get more vignetting, depending on the size difference between the lens and the diameter you have to step down to.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote