Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 26, 2008, 6:53 AM   #1

hi there,i really appreciate your help to people for better photography, excuse me to put my questions because they matter a lot to me:

Q1- i intend to buy sony cybershot dsc h50, can i controle the shutter speed manuallyto get professional photos( you know like capturing speeding cars as if they were freezed, or when the lights of cars look very long in the street at night)?

Q2- Can i get an dslr camera with the most important lenses at the same price(or a little bit higher)of sony dsc h50?

thank you so much.

IMacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2008, 9:37 AM   #2

Yes. Most in most cameras you can change the shutter speed. Some go as slow as 30 seconds,, for images like this...

And some can go as quickly as 1/4000 of a second. Thats a Four-thousandth of a sencond ( i think) for photos like this

Unfortunatley, you would have to be extremely lucky to find a decent SLR and good lens' for the same price as a H50, but dont look down about this, look at the bright side! It will be lighter, smaller, cheaper so you can buy more gizmos for it and less atractive to thieves to buy a H50!

SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 1:00 AM   #3

hi simmis, thank you so much. you really helped me a lot. your answers were to the point and i really like your examples.

you are really right. it seems that i am going to buy h5 anyway.

again, thank you and best of luck.
IMacro is offline   Reply With Quote