Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 28, 2002, 8:03 PM   #1
Default Card Readers

I have an Olympus C-3000. I've had little or no success connecting directly to computer so I bought a Smart Media card reader. My computer has 3 USB ports and I've tried them all, but my computer doesn't recognize that I've inserted a card into the reader and keeps asking me to insert a card. I'm going nuts! This can't be rocket science so what would you suggest I try now? By the way I have Windows ME. Your expertise is desparately needed before I throw the whole lot out the nearest window!
Gonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2002, 12:41 AM   #2

1-have you tried using these ports with anything else?
2- with the reader plugged in go to my computer. is there a removeable media or disk icon there? c: HD d: cdrom e: removeable disk or media
3- does usb show up in your system tree*?

a- control panel
c-device manager

on the bottom of the tree is where you find it.

[Edited on 7-29-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:55 PM   #3

Double check install directions also. All USB devices install differtly and must be done exact on the install. Port 1 should always be saved for printer, if you already have 2 other devices get a powered hub and that will make life a little easier. Also have had problems with some readers if card is not formatted with camera .((Olympus)
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2002, 11:08 PM   #4

If you are running xp, the camedia software isn't compatible. I am presently using a Sandisk smart media card readereto download pix I have taken with my c3000.
Went to the sandisk website, downloaded drivers for xp, no problem! Pop the chip in the reader, follow the prompts. Hope this helps! By the way, camera takes excellent photos, and I'm currently using a Lexmark Z-65 printer to print 'em out. Beautiful results.

[Edited on 8-4-2002 by tom cronan]
tom cronan is offline   Reply With Quote