Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 3, 2008, 8:31 PM   #1

I recently visited Hong Kong and bought some gears.

There are stores there that sell photo equipment in very reasonable prices. You just need to know exactly where to buy.

DO NOT BUY from stores along Nathan Road.Prices are deceiving.

I have two stores that I recommend based on my experience. These are Tin Cheung along Carnarvon Road and NewSankyo along Golden mile road at the ground floor of Holiday Inn.

From the two stores, I find New Sankyo to be the winner. Good service and prices plus the owner Tony Leung speaks good english. You can also hagglefor a lower price specially if your paying is US$.Both storesellsphoto equipment with HK warranty and Grey units.

You can send an email to Tony Leung

I bought a D300 body for only US$1200 with HK warranty.

Both stores accept US$ in payment. When paying is US$, prices can still go down.

Here are images fo the two stores for reference.

Tin Cheung

New Sankyo

jmdesign-digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:48 PM   #2

I was shopping in H.K and Japan too last summer. I found out their pricing are very close to US pricing andalso in Canada if is onsale. We are even cheaper here

I end up purchase my Camera here in town in Canadaand order the Flash, lens...etc from State.

There is a lot of Camera selling in H.K are come from elsewhere (country) and not from the H.K dist. that why they are cheaper since they don't pay tax. And it only cover by their store not the manufacture.

For example I am look for a Panasonic Tz5 here and compare to H.K. Is cheaper at State and Canada.
guppies is offline   Reply With Quote