Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 15, 2003, 7:54 AM   #1
Default Unable to view pictures.

I am trying to help a friend of mine. She called and asked for some help earlier today. AS she is not very tech savy and is using a computer totally foreign to me (MAC) I figured i would ask here. she is using CF and has roughly 400 pictures on her card. when she tries to view them with photoshop or any other software she gets this message.

"Couldn't display "Filename" because a suitable graphics importer could not be found. "

I am unfamiliar with macs but this seems to be an issue with her computer and not the card. She says that she can only view 5 of the photos. she is using a Canon 1D and shooting in medium size jpeg mode.
any hellp is greatly appreciated. As all photographers know these pictures are very important to her.
Skewter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:15 PM   #2

Does she not have internet access? It's harder doing this through a third person.

Anyway, did she shoot the other pictures in a RAW format that Photoshop may not know about?

Rather than using Photoshop to initially read the pictures, she should copy all the pictures from the hard drive to the computer first, and then work on copies of the pictures.

There are image recovery programs for the PC, don't know any for the Mac...she may have to find such a program if the pictures are unrecoverable from the card by the above method.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2003, 10:34 AM   #3

Did she try to plug the camera into the computer via USB.
That should show a disc icon on the desktop and all she has to do is double click on it and all folders after to see the pictures.
What OS is she using?
She could also drag that disk icon to her hard drive to copy
the contents to her HD.
When done,first drag that icon to trash and then unplug the USB from the computer.

EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote