Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:38 PM   #1
Default Need a new digital camera

What would be a good digital camera for me? I am mostly interested in photographing fashion and glamour. I am seriously looking for a Minolta Dimage 7i. I am really new to digital and want some good advice and was told that this was a good camera but I can't afford a new one and have spent a lot of time on eBay bidding but always get outbid. Does anyone know a good site of refurbished cameras? What other cameras are along the lines of the Minolta Dimage 7i? Anything new out that I should be looking at? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:35 AM   #2

The thing you'll have to be aware of, especially if you're shooting runways, is a camera that can focus fast in low light, and has a low shutter lag. Some digital cameras can be quite slow (the 7i is a second from pressing the shutter button until it focuses, and then .1 seconds then to take the picture according to http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/mino...e7i/page10.asp)...some newer cameras are much faster.

Another problem is low light focusing, the camera does have a focus assist light but it's only good for ~10feet, usually about the same range as the internal flash. There is an option for an external flash, but it's a proprietary hotshoe so you can only use a Minolta flash.

I suggest you ask (if you haven't already) in the Minolta forum here...there you will (hopefully) find some users who own this camera and know it well.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote